Every home needs a pressure washer.
There are times when things get messy and dirty, and soap or detergent won’t get all grease and stains out. In such cases, a pressure washer can prove useful.
However, finding the right pressure washer can be a daunting task. There are many products out there that promise you a whole lot but fail to deliver.
You don’t want to waste your hard-earned money sourcing for a pressure washer only to have it break down at its first wash.
Nobody wants that.
This is why I compiled this review of the best pressure washers on the market and why you should go for them.
Table of Contents
- Is Ryobi a Good Pressure Washer?
- Is Generac a Good Pressure Washer?
- Ryobi Vs Generac Pressure Washer
- Ryobi Pressure Washers Reviews
- Generac Pressure Washers Reviews
- How to Use a Ryobi Pressure Washer
- How to Use a Generac Pressure Washer
Is Ryobi a Good Pressure Washer?
Ryobi Limited, makers of Ryobi pressure washers, are known for producing high-quality pressure washers and other powerful tools. They are a subsidiary of Techtronic Industries, the parent owners. They have a wide variety of electric pressure washers and codeless pressure washers that will meet all of your needs.
This brand has been engineered by the best team to handle all manner of cleaning jobs around the home and for commercial uses. Its powerful electrical and gas output delivers from 1600 to 3600-PSI of force to enable you to clean a wide variety of objects and places – from driveways to garages, porches and patios, decks, windows, and other areas surrounding the home.
Since the release of their pressure washers, they have become a hit with commercial users and homeowners alike – who have nothing but positive reviews for their products.
Ryobi pressure washers are one of the best brands that you can buy and have a good return on investment for your money.
Is Generac a Good Pressure Washer?
Generac Inc. as a company has come a long way. It first made its name in the power generator scene, and now, it is building innovative pressure washers that are available and affordable for all and sundry.
They have the vision to make power tools available to everyone who chooses to own one. As you would realize from the reviews in this article, most of Generac pressure washers pack more than 2500 PSI. The company has perfected the making of gas-powered pressure washers to make cleaning an optimal experience for every user.
The first time you come across them, Generac pressure washer seem like they are built for commercial or industrial use. This is because of the efforts they put into making every product. They are designed to be robust, sturdy, and durable.
Generac pressure washers are a variety of washers designed to meet your everyday needs. They’re designed to help you with the cleaning of every part of the house from porches to patios, decks, driveways, garages, furniture, vehicle, and windows.
The Generac range of pressure washers have been on the market for so long and have become a success with homeowners who have nothing but positive reviews of the models.
Its pressure washers come with powerful engines, the best in its class range. It has different consumer and pro lines for consumers that are looking for different models to serve their needs. One of the outstanding features of the Generac line of pressure washers is the electric start. This has become a big hit among consumers who are probably tired of pulling a cord to get the engines of their pressure washer to start.
Generac pressure washers are one of the lines of products that offer this electric start without push up in price.
Ryobi Vs Generac Pressure Washer
Ryobi Pressure Washers Reviews
The following are the reviews of the best Ryobi pressure washer on the market.
1. Ryobi RY141900 Electric Pressure Washer
This is an electric-powered pressure washer that packs 2000 PSI with a 13-amp electric motor. With its 1.2 GPM, this washer is suitable for light and medium cleaning around the home. It achieves a total cleaning power score of 2400.
It looks very robust and is surprisingly not heavy, weighing only 32 pounds. The engine is coated with a long-lasting metal frame that provides enough protection. Its handle is foam-coated and it has a hose reel.
The washer can be easily stored when not in use; this helps you to save space. Convenience is another plus for this model as it comes with large wheels for easy transport and movement.
It has a 25-foot high-pressure hose that is included in the standard set. The hose is designed to ensure that your cleaning is done conveniently without hassles.
- It is noiseless
- Delivers water at very high pressure
- Works well with different nozzles
- The washer comes with wheels that can be difficult and tough to control
- It is not suitable for larger cleanings
2. Ryobi RY141612 Electric Pressure Washer
This model has 1600 PSI and operates at 1.2 GPM. The washer has a 25-foot hose that can be conveniently used during cleaning. It does not vibrate while dispensing water.
There is a handle at the top of the unit, which enables you to move it around easily. It comes with nozzles that can be used for water-based and soap solution-based cleaning. And has a turbo model that supports faster speed.
This model is designed for portable washing and can be used for small items.
- The model weighs less than other models
- It is powerful enough to clean tough stains around the home
- It is easy to switch between nozzles
- You cannot adjust the pressure. You have to switch between nozzles
- It may produce noise when you try to maintain the pressure level
3. Ryobi 2,300 PSI High Performance Electric Pressure Washer
This is a brushless pressure washer that comes with a 13-amp motor as its power source. It has the advantage of lacking a gas to maintain. A key feature of this unit is its brushless motor that eliminates the need to replace carbon. The pull cord has been replaced with an electric ON/OFF switch on the top of the unit.
It has a firm-grip handle for convenient transport. Also, it showcases 12” sized wheels that make it easy to roll over a hard surface. The GFCI electric cord is up to 35 feet long and the hose is 25 feet long. You may not even need an extension cord.
- The washer has an automatic detergent dilution
- It comes with on-board storage
- It has a very high PSI for its price
- This unit could come with more nozzles
- It has a low GPM & CU for its price
4. Ryobi RY14122 High Pressure Electric Washer
This pressure washer comes with a powerful 13-mp electric motor that delivers 1700 PSI of force for effective cleaning. It has a compact roll-cage for easy transport. The on-board detergent tank eliminates the need to have a bucket and a hose behind you while cleaning.
It comes with onboard accessory storage and a bonus turbo nozzle that offer up to 50% more cleaning power. The unit has an ergonomic body design that allows you to wheel it in different directions. Its low center of gravity means that it will never trip or tip to the side.
- It comes with a hose that wraps well around the base
- The handle is efficiently designed for easy use
- It has a well-labeled detergent dispenser
- The unit weighs quite heavy at 40 pounds
- It has a water port that is positioned at an unusual angle
5. Ryobi 2800 PSI Pressure Washer
This pressure washer allows you to perform medium and heavy cleaning. It is equipped with a powerful Honda GCV160 gasoline engine with an output power of up to 2800 PSI at 2.3 GPM. It has a total cleaning score of 6440.
Ryobi 2800 PSI pressure washer comes with the standard 25 feet high-pressure hose that can be conveniently stored away when not in use. This unit has 4 quick-connect nozzles at degrees with a soap dispenser. The detergent tank is attached at its sides and the motor is fastened to a metal frame. It has two big wheels for easy transport.
- Its high pressure ensures that it is very effective for cleaning and removing stains
- It has a wide cleaning angle
- The unit is easy to operate
- Its nozzles are replaceable
- It has flow controls
- The washer is loud and can get very noisy when you get close to it
- It comes with a manual trigger lock
- It can overheat
Generac Pressure Washers Reviews
Here are the best Generac pressure washers to consider for home and commercial purposes.
1. OneWash Pressure Washer with Power Dial Gun
This is an ideal pressure washer for all of your cleaning needs from furniture to decks and patios. It comes with a horizontal shaft engine and an easy-access axial cam pump. This washer has an ergonomic spray with a power dial that allows you to easily adjust the pressure between tasks.
It is equipped with oversized tires for ease of movement regardless of the terrain. The convenient detergent tank that’s fixed to it will allow for hassle-free cleaning. You’re able to change nozzle tips quickly with four different tips and soap applicator.
- It offers very high water pressure for maximum impact cleaning
- It can remove tough stains
- The removal of paints is easy
- Its wheels enable it to be moved around easily
- You can change the water pressure easily using the power dial without having to change the nozzle
- It has the tendency of developing starting problems after a few days of use
- The washer can damage your delicate stuff with its high pressure
2. Generac 6565 4200 PSI Gas Powered Pressure Washer
This equipment comes with 12” pneumatic wheels and professional-grade spay gun that complements its powerful 420cc Generac OHV horizontal shaft engine. It also has a professional triplex.
The 50” non-marring rubber hose is designed to make cleaning a hassle-free experience. Storage convenience is a key feature of this unit as it comes with a folding handle that takes less space in your storage store.
A pressure control valve will provide for complete control of water pressure for different cleaning tasks. The welded roll-cage frame protects the engine and pump and provides bars for easy carriage.
- It provides a very high-speed water pressure that will erase all of your stains and dirt
- This is a much more durable pressure washer
- It has a good grip, and its spray gun is straightforward to control
- The unit comes with an alarm system that alerts you on the level of oil in the device
- It is effortless to transport.
- The engine has a tendency to shut down for no reason
- It presents challenges when used at home
3. Generac 6924 3600 PSI Pressure Washer
This model is a gas-powered pressure washer that offers maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and output flow of 2.6 GPM. It is a commercial washer and provides an all-round versatile experience.
It is equipped with a powerful 212c engine and a triplex pump that delivers 60 times more pressure than the average pump. This gives it a cleaning power of 9360 units. It has a pull-start mechanism and a fuel tank with a capacity of 0.8 gallons.
The unit has a wheelbarrow design that grants it enough mobility and stability. And its handles provide for easy transport and movement.
- Comes with a triplex pump
- Has a low center of gravity for stability
- Different range of nozzles included in the unit
- Has an onboard storage.
- Comes with several security features
- It lacks an electric start
- There is no detergent tank and dilution mechanism
- It is not CARB-compliant
4. Generac 7143 Electric Start Pressure Washer
This model comes with an overhead valve gas engine that gives you 3100-PSI and 2.5 GPM. It is an innovative model that allows you to do more cleaning. It comes with an axial pump that doesn’t require much maintenance.
The electric start is a key feature of this model. It uses a power tool styled battery of 12V that is well-protected from water and debris. Its battery life is top-notch. The power dial is another cool feature that allows you to control the pressure with ease.
It has an onboard detergent tank and hose connections that are solid and easy to use.
- It has a lot more pressure and water volume than its electric model counterparts
- Comes with a lithium-ion electric start system
- It has an adjustable power dial
- The washer is auto choke
- It has a weak wand holster connection to the frame
- The hose connection comes at the rear, which makes it difficult to move hoses when they’re connected
5. Generac 3100 PSI 2.8 GPM Commercial Grade Pressure Washer
With this model, you’re able to tackle all your tough cleaning jobs. This is a rugged pressure washer that combines professional-grade features with user-friendly designs. The unit takes little time to set up and get things started; it promises to meet all your needs.
This Generac pressure washer comes with a pro-grade triplex pump that provides up to four times longer life span than the axial cam pumps. The pump is coated with ceramic pistons and has a pressure adjustment valve. It is equipped with a powerful 212cc Generac OHV engine that delivers the best cleaning experience.
The oil level will shut down automatically if it reaches low levels. This is to safeguard the engine against breakdown. There are oversized tires to ensure ease of transport in rugged terrains.
It has up to 5 quick-change nozzle tips at different degrees with a soap applicator.
- It has a powerful engine that produces 3100 PSI water pressure for a top of the range cleaning tasks
- It comes with user-friendly features and is very easy to assemble and set up
- The washer can be conveniently moved around due to its over-sized wheels
- It has the capability of cleaning very hard-to-reach surfaces and areas
- The steel braided hose is long-lasting
- This unit can get very hot after prolonged use
- It takes several pulls to get the engine to start, which can be annoying
- The hose is not long enough
How to Use a Ryobi Pressure Washer
Before using the Ryobi pressure washer, ensure that you observe the following steps:
- Check Oil
- Make sure that the oil is clean and at the correct level. It is recommended that you turn OFF the fuel valve before adding oil
- Set the pressure washer on a flat surface so that the engine is level
- Remove the dipstick and use it to check the oil level. The oil level should always be at or slightly above the indication line
- The oil should be transparent yellow. If the oil is dark, then it needs to be changed
- Attach the High-Pressure Hose
- Be sure that the high-pressure hose is tightly fastened to the pump and the trigger handle
- Untangle the hose and straighten it out to avoid kinks
- Connect Your Garden Hose
- Now, connect your garden hose to the pump and check for any leaks. Release air pressure by squeezing the trigger
- Repair leaks and remove kinks before starting
- If no nozzle is installed, squeeze the trigger to relieve air pressure. Do this until a steady stream of water appears
- Add Fuel
- Use recommended fuel-type only
- Don’t mix the fuel with oil
- Add fuel stabilizer every time you fuel your pressure washer
- Turn the fuel valve to open and put the switch in its proper position
- Set the Choke Lever
- Locate the choke lever and set it to the full or start position
- Start Your Pressure Washer
- Pull the starter grip to start the unit
- Allow the engine to run for several seconds
- If the pressure washer does not start after several pulls, try squeezing the trigger to release pressure built in the pump. Check fuel levels and make sure that the fuel valve is in the correct position
How to Use a Generac Pressure Washer
- Insert the handle according to steps as detailed on the manual
- Install the hose hook
- Install the gun hook and insert nozzles
- Install the battery
- Add engine oil before starting
- Add fuel. Use clean, fresh, and unleaded gasoline
- Don’t run the device without adequate water supply. To connect water, remove and discard the shipping cap from the water pump inlet. Run the water for a minimum of 30 seconds to eliminate debris
- Connect your water supply hose and lance
- Connect the high-pressure hose to spray gun
- Select the correct nozzle for use; blast pressure nozzle (red), clean pressure nozzle (green), wash pressure nozzle (white), and detergent nozzle (black)
- Before starting the engine, please ensure that:
- The engine oil level is correct
- The fuel level is correct
- All fittings are correctly secured
- Sufficient water supply is connected
- The thermal relief valve is open to the ground
- The unit is on the ground and in a well-ventilated environment
Ryobi pressure washers and Generac pressure washers are two of the best pressure washers on the market. Each one of these products comes with fresh and innovative features that attract brand loyalty.
However, if you have to make a pick between the two, the Ryobi pressure washer brand is your best bet. Ryobi pressure washers with Honda gasoline engines have been a hit among consumers. The engines enable them to deliver high water pressure to wash off dirt and grime. They’re powerful and worth the money.
- Ryobi Vs Craftsman Pressure Washers
- Best Pressure Washers Under $600
- How Does a Pressure Washer Unloader Valve Work? (Answered)
- Pressure Washing Pros and Cons
- Best Commercial Lawn Mower Brands
- Best Mower for 7 Acres
- Top 3 Types of Lawn Mower Engines
- Ariens Vs Husqvarna Zero Turn Mowers