As far as grilling is concerned, there are so many manufacturers in the business today. Each of which has given us so many models to choose from.
Some are suitable for small scale gatherings (consisting of only a few people) while others are suitable for handling several cooks at a time, which can cater to larger gatherings.
One of the popular grill makers in the industry is Royal Gourmet. They have been in the business long enough to become a household name, and they have firmly stamped their authority as one of the top grill makers around.
They have many models to choose from, which is why I’ll be doing this Royal Gourmet grills review to help you to choose the most suitable model for you.
If you’re interested in the products this manufacturer offers, then keep reading!
Table of Contents
- Royal Gourmet Grills Review
- 1. Royal Gourmet SG6002 Cabinet Propane Gas Grill (6-Burner)
- 2. Royal Gourmet Regal GB2000 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 3. Royal Gourmet CD1824E 24-Inch Charcoal BBQ Grill
- 4. Royal Gourmet 30″ BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
- 5. Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 6. Royal Gourmet PD1202R 17-Inch Portable Table Top Propane Gas Grill
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Wrap Up
Royal Gourmet Grills Review
We will be looking at their best models as well as their special features, pros, and cons.
1. Royal Gourmet SG6002 Cabinet Propane Gas Grill (6-Burner)
This heavy-duty grill is equipped with 5 stainless steel tube burners (10,000 BTU each) plus a sear burner (12,000 BTU) and a lidded side burner (9,000 BTU).
All these combined give you an amazing total of 71,000 BTU. As you can imagine, you will be getting the ultimate grilling ability with a burner like this.
This is ideal for hosting many guests as it has more than enough cooking space. I’m talking about the porcelain-enameled cooking grates and warming rack that offers as much as 797 square inches of cooking area.
The primary cooking area gives you 598 square inches space while the secondary cooking area offers 199 square inches space.
This unit retains heat very well thanks to its stainless steel double-layered lid. It also comes with a built-in thermometer that measures the grilling zone temperature accurately.
Starting up the grill will give you no problems because the electronic ignition technology allows you to light it up quickly and easily. It can be done with just the push of a button.
As if the wide cooking area wasn’t enough, the manufacturers were also considerate enough to add a metal side shelf that gives you a lot more preparation space.
- Removable grease tray
- Cabinet with stainless steel doors
- Weight – 114 pounds
- Stainless steel double-layered lid
- 71,000 BTU
- Push-button electronic ignition
- It is easy to clean
- Starts quickly
- Cooks fast
- SPAC cooking area
- Construction is not sturdy
2. Royal Gourmet Regal GB2000 2-Burner Propane Gas Grill
Not quite as spacious as the model reviewed above, it still offers you ample cooking space. It is designed with a cooking area of 486 square inches, which isn’t bad considering that it is a medium-sized grill.
For fast heating, this unit has a glossy ceramic coated griddle top that catches on quickly. The surface is also very easy to clean.
It also has 2 stainless steel tube burners that can be independently operated, with a capacity of 13,000 BTU each. This gives you a total of 26,000 BTU in total.
As for ease of starting, the quick start-up technology is made up of an electronic ignition system that sparks up at the push of a button.
Although grills can be very greasy, you won’t have a greasy grill issue with this unit thanks to its grease management system that makes the cleanup easy after use.
The manufacturers added two transport wheels to the grill. This will help you to move it around with a lot less effort. It also has a braking system that keeps it at a halt when you reach your cooking area.
- Weight – 79 pounds
- Transport wheels
- 26,000 BTU
- Quick start technology
- Great management system
- Size dimensions – 58.7 x 24.4 x 38.2 inches
- It is easy to transport
- It is lightweight
- Easy to clean
- Starts quickly
- The coating comes off after cleaning a few times
3. Royal Gourmet CD1824E 24-Inch Charcoal BBQ Grill
This is not the largest grill you will find, yet, it provides up to 598 square inches of cooking area. That’s quite generous if you ask me.
The cooking area includes 393 square inches of porcelain-coated steel and 205 square inches of chrome-plated warming rack.
The charcoal pan offers you a height adjustability feature of up to 6 levels. You can set it to a height that is most convenient for you.
The charcoal access door is positioned at the front, so you can add extra coal if need be, even while you cook. There is also a galvanized ashtray responsible for gathering ash. When it is all collected after grilling, it would be very convenient for you to take out and dispose of.
Many people with grilling experience will agree that space can be an issue when grilling. This is why you will love the two foldable tables on each side of the grill. With these, you can prep your food before you cook.
You also get a bottom shelf that can be used to store cooking utensils and even meat. That’s very thoughtful of the manufacturer.
One more thing, you will find this unit easy to move about thanks to two large wheels fixed on it.
- Transport wheels
- 598sq inch cooking area
- Galvanized ashtray
- Bottom shelf
- Foldable side tables
- Weight – 54.9 pounds
- 47.6 x 21.7 x 46.1 inches
- It has wheels for easy transportation
- Enough storage and prep space
- Easy to clean
- Hard to assemble
4. Royal Gourmet 30″ BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
With an enormous cooking area of 800 square feet, you can cook more in less time. With this, you can host your friends and family members and serve them hot juicy barbeques in a good time.
Don’t worry about the charcoal making a mess, the unit comes with a charcoal removal and ash pan that allows you to easily dispose of the waste.
This grill offers you a dual style barbeque option. It has the regular charcoal grill as well as an offset smoker, so you’re getting the best of both worlds. The good news is that you can also use the offset smoker as a miniature grill.
The manufacturer recommends that you fuel it with some lump charcoal and a few wood chips. This will step up the flavor of your cooking.
The package comes with a smokestack, scald-proof handle, temperature gauge, access door, side vent, handle, and wheels for easy transportation.
Its resilience is also commendable; the black coating can withstand heat and will hardly peel off.
- Weight – 54.2 pounds
- Product dimensions – 55.1 x 27.2 x 48.4 inches
- 800 square feet cooking area
- Dual style barbeque
- Scald proof handle
- Side vent
- Massive cooking space
- Convenient transport wheels
- Easy to dispose of charcoal ash
- Heats up fast
- The cover is not included
5. Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
If you’re looking for a portable grill that can be moved easily around the kitchen or used during outdoor camping, this is a grill you should consider.
It is designed with 3 burners that can all be operated separately. Each of them has a 9,000 BTU capacity, meaning a total of 27,000 BTU grilling ability.
The porcelain enamel griddled top is very easy to clean. All you need is something as light as a paper towel, some liquid soap, and water.
The stainless steel control panel is very sturdy and durable. It is designed with a Piezo ignition system and it lights up very easily.
It’s impossible to grill without having oil drip stains here and there. You don’t have to worry about that with this unit. Thanks to its side cup, you can collect oil as you grill. This will also make your cleanups a lot easier.
Weighing just 30 pounds, it is light enough for you to carry in and out of the kitchen or in and out of the car when you go on trips.
- Weight – 30 pounds
- Product dimensions – 25.2 x 18 x 9.5 inches
- 27,000 BTU combined
- Side oil cup
- 3 independently operated burners
- Stainless steel control panel
- It is very light
- Can easily be moved around
- Compact enough to fit into your trunk when you go on trips
- Not expensive
- Can’t be used for large scale grilling
6. Royal Gourmet PD1202R 17-Inch Portable Table Top Propane Gas Grill
For a miniature grill, a 221 square inch cooking space isn’t bad at all. The grill is designed with an 18-inch glossy porcelain-enameled top.
It might be small but it can cook as many as 8 patties at a go. Thanks to its 12,000 BTU heating capacity, you’ll have your barbeque ready in no time. The Piezo quick-start igniter will get you off on the right foot.
Another great feature of this mini grill is the ability to adjust the temperature according to your cooking needs (low to high). The rectangle-shaped burner also does an excellent job of distributing heat evenly across the griddle surface.
As for cleaning after you’re done cooking, the slide-out stainless steel grease tray will make the job a whole lot easier. It gathers the dripping oil residue as you cook, thereby doing half of the cleaning job for you. You can also detach the griddle top and wash it separately.
Many tabletop grills are shaky, but this one comes with a set of steady feet to keep the grill balanced at all times.
It is also easy to assemble, you’ll be done in minutes.
- 221 square inch cooking space
- 12,000 BTU
- Weight – 23.9 pounds
- Temperature adjustability
- Piezo igniter
- Detachable griddle top
- Slide-out stainless steel grease tray
- It is sturdy on the feet
- It is easy to clean
- Compact for easy storage
- It is not heavy
- Can be easily transported
- Propane bottle not included
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who Makes Royal Gourmet Grill?
All models of Royal Gourmet grills are manufactured by the Royal Gourmet Corporation, U.S.A.
Is Royal Gourmet a Good Brand?
Royal Gourmet Corporation has excellent customer service to support its customers in an event of a product malfunction. They also issue warranties on their products.
This gives the customer some assurance that their investment is safe. So yes, Royal Gourmet is a good brand.
Where Are Royal Gourmet Grills Made? (Are Royal Gourmet Grills Made in the USA?)
Yes, Royal Gourmet Grills are made in the U.S.A. They have their headquarters in Georgia (GA).
Are Royal Gourmet Grills Any Good?
Royal Gourmet has been in the business of making grills for decades, during which they have produced several models of grills that cater to both large and small scale grilling.
Each of their products can match most grill models on the market as far as features, durability, innovations, and price are concerned.
Their grills are widely used across the U.S.A and other countries in the world. With that being said, you can agree that Royal Gourmet grills are good.
How Do You Use Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill?
- Select your wood chips and fill up the Royal Gourmet smoker box. About two handfuls of wood chips will be enough to last for up to an hour, depending on what you’re grilling
- Choose your charcoal
- Pour the coal on one half of the grill and leave the other half empty
- Using the vent, you can control the temperature inside the Royal Gourmet grill (keep the temperature around 230°F to 250°F, depending on what you’re grilling)
- Leave the meat to cook
Royal Gourmet has been in the grill manufacturing business for many years and has produced some of the best grills in the world.
Their models have different variations that are suitable for both small scale and large scale cooking.
So, what are your grilling needs? Do any of the models reviewed in this article meet your tastes or requirements?
I’m sure at least one of them will. The choice regarding which to buy is all yours.
- Monument Grills Vs Weber Grills Review
- Shadow Box Fence Pros and Cons
- Shadow Box Fence Vs Board on Board Fence (Side by Side Comparison)
- Best Paslode Framing Nailers Review
- Top 5 Freeman Framing Nailers Review
- Best Numax Finish & Framing Nailers Review
- 8 Best Metabo Framing Nailers Review
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Dog Eared Fence
- Clearly Filtered Vs Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher (Comparison)
- Best Pneumatic Nail Guns Review