For starters, a framing nailer is a power tool used to drive nails into wooden or light metal structures. It is an air gun model that has been in use for decades and it makes work a lot easier as it removes the need for driving nails in with a hammer.
Framing nailers are similar to other power nailers; the major difference is that they are designed for more high-powered jobs.
There are several makers and models available on the market, some of which more powerful than others.
One such framing nailer manufacturers is Freeman who has designed various models. While each of them performs the same function, they have different qualities that make them unique.
Keep reading to find out the 5 best Freeman framing nailers.
Table of Contents
- Are Freeman Framing Nailers Any Good?
- Best Freeman Framing Nailer Review
- 1. Freeman P9PCK Complete Pneumatic Nail Gun Combo Kit
- 2. Freeman P5FRFNFWSCB Pneumatic Framing and Finishing Nailers and Staplers Combo Kit
- 3. Freeman P4FRFNCB Pneumatic Framing & Finishing Combo Kit
- 4. Freeman G22183CLW Compact Lightweight Pneumatic 21 Degree 3-1/4″ Full Round Head Framing Nailer
- 5. Freeman PFR2190 Pneumatic 21 Degree 3-1/2″ Full Round Head Framing Nailer
- Best Freeman Brad Nailers Review
- Final Words
Are Freeman Framing Nailers Any Good?
Freeman is a renowned brand when it comes to the manufacture of power tools. They have a wide variety of products and have been in the business for decades.
They are also manufacturers of framing nailers, and honestly, have done a good job of it.
They have many models of nail guns, most of which give good value for money. One of the most admirable things about Freeman framing nailers is their well-built frames that give users the confidence that they are buying a long-lasting product.
They are as tough as they come and can drive nails pretty effectively.
Best Freeman Framing Nailer Review
Check out these Freeman Framing Nailers.
1. Freeman P9PCK Complete Pneumatic Nail Gun Combo Kit
This kit by Freeman offers you everything you require for your power nailing needs and it’s one of their very top products.
It includes a 21-degree framing nailer, 16 gauge straight finish nailer, 18 gauge narrow crown stapler, 23 gauge micro pin nailer, and mini palm nailer.
For your convenience, the kit comes with two canvas bags and fasteners to secure each tool.
With all these packed in one kit, you are good to go on pretty much any project that requires nailing. This includes roofing, siding, and other forms of carpentry work.
You’d love the durability of each tool because they are made from very tough materials, and have passed through quality control before being released into the market.
Whether you’re a professional contractor or you’d like to get your jobs done yourself, this complete tool kit will serve you well.
It doesn’t matter if you’re framing, decking your roof, sheathing, or doing truss assembly, you can count on the kit to help you to get the job done in good time.
- 9 piece combo kit
- Weight – 32 pounds
- Dimensions – 23.62 x 9.84 x 15.75 inches
- Two durable canvas storage bags
- Model – P9PCK
- They are very durable
- They can be used for multiple tasks
- Easy storage of tools
- Fairly weighted
- The cartridge doors do not shut firmly enough
Related: Best Numax Framing Nailers Review
2. Freeman P5FRFNFWSCB Pneumatic Framing and Finishing Nailers and Staplers Combo Kit
At 8.5 pounds, this kit is much lighter than the P9PCK kit above. And this makes it easier to carry around to and fro your work site. Being a 5-piece kit, I’d be surprised if it was heavier.
With this, you can also perform several tasks including roof decking and sidings.
In the kit, you’ll find a 16 gauge framing nailer, 21-degree full round head framing nailer, 18 gauge brad nailer, 16 gauge straight finish nailer, 18 gay narrow crown stapler, and fine wire stapler.
It doesn’t stop there. The package also comes with one canvas bag and each tool has its fastener for convenient carrying and storage.
Regardless of whether you’re a DIY builder or a pro contractor, this kit will serve most of your framing and finishing jobs well enough.
Freeman products are known for being durable, and they carry on the tradition with this product right here.
The quick-jam release technology helps you to get your tasks done quicker while the comfort grip handles make sure you don’t get tired while you’re at it.
- 5-piece kit
- Quick-jam release feature
- Weight – 8.5 pounds
- One canvas bag
- Model – P5FRFNFWSCB
- Fasteners per tool
- Dimensions – 23.03 x 9.84 x 15.55 inches
- Thanks to the quick-jam release feature, you can work faster and more effectively
- It is a lightweight kit
- More compact for easier storage
- It is not as versatile as the P9PCK model
3. Freeman P4FRFNCB Pneumatic Framing & Finishing Combo Kit
This 4-piece kit comes in at a total weight of 6.3 pounds. It can’t be used for a wider range of framing work but does very well within its limits.
Inside this kit, you’ll find a 21-degree framing nailer, 18 gauge brad nailer, 15 gauge angle finish nailer, and 18 gauge narrow crown stapler.
You will also get a canvas storage bag with oil, wrenches, and a user manual to guide you through.
It is designed with Teflon O-rings that reduce the wear and tear on its cylinders and pistons, so you can be sure your tools will last very long.
It is also designed with one-piece hardened steel drive blades that ensure the risk of internal failure is reduced to a minimum.
The cylinders and magazines of the nail guns are anodized to allow for a more durable surface as the pistons fire and retract when in operation. This also helps to ensure that your tools function properly and last longer.
If for any reason the tool gets jammed, the quick-jam release technology will provide easy access clearing to enable you to continue your work uninterrupted.
- 4-piece kit
- Anodized cylinders and magazines
- Quick jam release technology
- Weight – 6.3 pounds
- One-piece hardened steel drive blades
- Dimensions – 23.03 x 9.45 x 14.8 inches
- Easy to use
- Durable and long-lasting
- It hardly misfires
- Comfortable grip
- Not versatile enough
4. Freeman G22183CLW Compact Lightweight Pneumatic 21 Degree 3-1/4″ Full Round Head Framing Nailer
This is just what you need for tasks like framing, roof decking, wooden crate assembly, wood fencing, and subfloors.
This nail gun can be used with a 10-12 gauge 21-degree plastic collar full round head framing nails within the range of 2” to 3-1/4”.
Working with a power tool is a tough job on its own. But thanks to this 8.3 pounds lightweight framing nailer, your job can be a whole lot easier. You can work for hours without feeling the extra strain of weight across your shoulders.
The handles are also very comfortable to grip, so you’d experience no inconveniences there.
You also wouldn’t have any storage concerns with this nail gun. It is compactly designed and would fit into tight storage spaces. It also has a rafter hook to make storage a lot simpler.
As always, this Freeman power tool is very durable and long-lasting thanks to its anodized aluminum magazine.
- One-piece drive blade of hardened steel
- An anodized aluminum magazine for long-lasting durability
- Dual-mode trigger for switching easily between bump and sequential firing
- Tool-free depth adjust for various applications
- Over-molded handle and trigger for maximum comfort and control
- Rafter hook for convenient storage and to free up your hands
- 8.23 pounds weight
- No-mar safety tip to keep surfaces neat
- It is lightweight
- Very comfortable handles and grip
- It has a compact design for easy storage
- Compactible with several nail types
- Quite expensive
5. Freeman PFR2190 Pneumatic 21 Degree 3-1/2″ Full Round Head Framing Nailer
If you’re looking for a lightweight nail gun for your roofing, wooden crate assembly, and framing needs, this may be the right choice for you. The good news is, it’s also budget-friendly.
This framing nailer is built with a magnet body that ensures that it remains durable and lasts long, just like other Freeman products.
For your comfort, it is designed with an ergonomic handle that gives you a better grip and keeps you from getting fatigued.
The interchangeable trigger will help you to switch from quick-fire to a single shot function whenever required.
With its no-mar tip, you can be sure that it will adapt well to different working surfaces.
This nail gun is for you if you’re a professional contractor or a DIYer.
- Weight – 8.5 pounds
- No-mar tip
- Interchangeable trigger
- Ergonomic handles
- 18 x 2 x 12 inches
- Included components – pneumatic 21 degrees 3-1/2″ full round head framing nailer; blow-molded case; safety goggles; air tool oil; adjustment tools
- 7 year limited warranty
- No batteries required
- Power source – air powered
- Very easy to use
- Compact design for easy storage
- It is lightweight
- It is budget-friendly
- Works well on several surfaces
- Package contains other useful accessories
- It doesn’t have the best nail-driving ability
- It doesn’t have a hanging hook for storage
Related: Best Numax Finish Nailers Review
Best Freeman Brad Nailers Review
Let’s check out some Freeman brad nailers.
1. Freeman PPPBRCK Pneumatic Brad Nailer and Pinner Finish Kit
This kit comes with a 2” Brad nailer and a 1” micro pinner perfect for finishing and trim work. You’d love the rugged canvas storage bag that comes with 1,000 fasteners for each nailer.
Your safety is also taken into consideration with this kit as it comes with a pair of goggles to keep your eyes protected while working. Other useful accessories like the air tool oil and extra adjustment tools can also be found inside.
The tool has a no-mar tip and its magazine and cylinder are anodized.
More good news, it weighs just 2.2 pounds.
- Anodized magazine and cylinder
- No-mar tip
- Quick jam release technology
- Air filter/anti-dust cap
- 360° adjustable exhaust
- Weighs 2.2 pounds
- No batteries included or required
- Aluminum body with heat-treated steel parts
- It is lightweight
- It’s easy to use
- Fairly priced
- Adjustable exhaust
- Not heavy-duty enough for commercial use, mainly for home use
- It is very noisy during operation
2. Freeman PBR50 18 Gauge 2-inch Brad Nailer
If you’re a DIY person and you need something for a nice, decorative trim, you might want to consider this product. You can also use it for shoe molding, crown molding, baseboard, window and door casing, hand railings, and other domestic projects.
It has an innovative reversible belt hook design that allows you to keep the tool by your side but not in the way of your work.
As for durability, Freeman once again did not disappoint their customers with this product. The Teflon O-ring ensures that the pistons and cylinders will last for a very long time.
- 18-gauge straight brad nails ranging from 5/8” to 2”
- Dual spring magazine, reversible belt hook, and reload indicator
- Teflon O-ring provides less wear on cylinders and pistons for great durability
- Aluminum material
- Weight – 3.5 pounds
- Product dimensions – 11 x 9.5 x 3 inches
- The tool has a reversible belt hook to keep it close to the body but not in the way
- It is easy to use
- It’s made of durable aluminum materials
- At 3.5 pounds, it is heavier than other brad nailers in its class
There you have it, the top picks for Freeman framing nailers.
Going by the information provided in this review, you can see that Freeman nail guns are very durable. This is a feature that is constant with all their products.
The prices vary according to capacity, though, so you need to have the right budget for whichever one you choose to buy. Your choice should also depend on what you want to use the tool for. Is it domestic or commercial level work?
I trust this Freeman framing nailers review has been helpful.
- Best Numax Finish & Framing Nailers Review
- Shadow Box Fence Pros and Cons
- Shadow Box Fence Vs Board on Board Fence (Side by Side Comparison)